1. What got you into golf? Did you play in college or High School? If so where?
I started playing golf in middle school around the age of 12. A few of my buddies were great junior golfers and they convinced me to give it a try. I played three years for Sulphur High School and our team made it to state all three years. There are a lot of good memories from junior golf.
2. What is your favorite part of the golf business?
I have been working at the Lake Charles Country Club for just over a year now and have made a lot of new friendships. My favorite part of the golf business so far has been meeting and greeting all of our members and their guests. I can already tell that lifelong friendships have been made.
3. If you have any goals you would like to share?
I plan on becoming a member of the PGA within the next 2-4 years. I want to help grow the game of golf in any way that I can.
4. What is your favorite hole at Lake Charles Country Club?
My favorite hole at the Lake Charles Country Club is the par 5 7th hole. The tee shot from the back tees requires a higher ball flight around a tree that blocks the right side. A solid first and second shot sets up for a great chance at birdie on a difficult green.
5. What is your all-time favorite course?
My all-time favorite course is TPC Sawgrass. Having played there within the last week solidified that it is an extraordinary golf experience.
6. What’s in your bag?
I play PING golf clubs from top to bottom with the G-425 Driver, fairway wood, irons, and Glide 3.0 wedges. Currently, I have the PING Tyne 4 putter in the bag.
7. What level of the PGA PGM Program are you currently in and when do you anticipate completing this level.
Since passing the PAT and Entry Level Test last fall, I have been working on my Level 1 Portfolio. I am hoping to finish up level one by the end of the summer.